The candidate will be responsible to test and troubleshoot integration issues of embedded software for electronic control unit by using emulated environment (such as hardware in the loop simulators, electrical benches, virtualization and software in the loop, etc..) and real environment (such as dyno benches, vehicles, hydraulic benches etc..)
The Controls Integration Engineer is the first user of development embedded software on a real control module and has a key role on the controller development.
- Verify software key functionality on a HIL bench or similar emulated environment.
- Troubleshoot and root cause issues coming from controller development to production, including after sales.
- Support testing team on creating and maintaining software qualification tests to be run each software release or major program milestones
- Review test results and troubleshoot software integration issues, including hardware, controls software, calibration and wiring harness
- Provide software and calibration for HIL benches
- Conduct/participate in work product reviews for algorithm, software, and specifications incorporating I/O functional requirements/test cases
- Active contribution in task forces providing support for problem solving / root cause analysis
MSc. in Engineering or STEM degree
Technical and Soft Skills Required
- Knowledge of engine control system development tools
- Knowledge of basic analog/digital electronic circuits
- Knowledge of C/Python programming language
- Knowledge of real time embedded controls
- Strength in problem solving, communication and team working
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink Experience in HIL testing (dSPACE)
- Basic experience in embedded software for electronic real time systems.
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies. Preferred ISTQB
- Knowledge of requirement management discipline
PUNCH Torino and its affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations.